China Study Abroad Program
Short-term Study Abroad Program is a four-week intensive learning program at Heilongjiang University in Harbin, China. The dates are usually the last three weeks of May and the first week of June. In addition to the course work, students are involved in cultural immersion events which include visiting popular sites in the cities of Harbin and Beijing. Weekend excursions to communities outside of Harbin, China, as well as home visits with local families are also a part of the program. All of the activities outside of the classroom are designed for the students to gain a better understanding and appreciation of the culture and customs of the host country.
The five academic courses that are offered in this program are listed below.
- Introduction to Chinese I
- Introduction to Chinese II
- Chinese Culture
- International Business
- Business Internship
In Beijing, China
- Tiananmen Square
- The Forbidden City
- The Great Wall
- Pearl Market
- Red Theater for a Kung Fu Performance
In Harbin, China
- Central Avenue, prettiest street in Harbin
- Mongolian Autonomous Region
- Siberian Tiger Park
- Songhua River
- The Upper Capital of Jin Dynasty – Bliss Buddhist Temple
Housing and Meals
Participants are housed two to a room in one of the many Residence Halls at Heilongjiang University. There are several on-campus cafeterias that students have access to with their meal cards. Also, there are many restaurants near the campus. Students have a choice of either dining on- or off-campus.
The total cost of this program is approximately $3,000 and covers the following:
- United States Passport and China visa
- Round trip airfare to Beijing
- Tuition, fees, and housing
- Meals and books
- All excursions and activities
- Transportation for all excursions and activities in Harbin, China
- Study Abroad medical Insurance
- Transfer from and to the airport in the host country
NOTE: Costs for pre-departure vaccinations and personal shopping (souvenirs, gifts, etc.) in China are not included.